www.themodernmilkman.co.uk or The Modern Milkman app. We are a limited company, our office address is 11 Nicholas Street, Burnley Lancashire, BB11 2AL
- any of the services we provide through our Site (Services) including but not limited to when you buy products with us via our Site, or if you contact us or we contact you about our Services; and
References to our Site in this Policy applies to the Site however you may access it, including access via our App (available via Google Play or Apple App Store) or whenever you access the Site when optimised for use on mobile or tablet devices. This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), including any subsequent amending, supplemental or replacement legislation, the data controller is Paul White.
This Policy is regularly reviewed to ensure that we continue to serve your privacy interests. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time, with any updates published on our Site. We, therefore, encourage you to review our Policy periodically for the most up to date information on our privacy practices. We will not however substantially change the way we use the personal information you have already provided to us without the appropriate prior agreement. By continuing to use our Site after a Policy change you are indicating your acceptance of the revised Policy terms.
You do not need to register to browse our Site, and this Policy sets out how we will use your personal information, regardless of whether you register with us when you are generally browsing and using our Site. You do need an account to use our App. Please read this Policy carefully before you browse our Site and/or register with us. If you do not agree with the ways in which we intend to use your personal information then please do not continue to use our Site.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
1. The information you give us. You may give us information when you:
- enter your postcode into our Site to see if we deliver to your area or to see what products are available in your local area.
- enter your name, email address and postcode into our Site so that we can let you know when we start delivering in your area.
- register on our Site.
- purchase products via our Site.
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or discuss an order or your registration on our Site or use of it with us.
We may ask you for the following personal information for the purposes of processing payment for purchases made via our Site and processing and delivering your order to you:
- your name
- your billing and delivery address
- your e-mail address
- your phone number
- your financial and credit card information
- your contact preferences
- your delivery preferences and instructions
Your delivery address will determine which delivery hub, round, and roundsperson are assigned to your account by us.
If you order any specialist products from us such as non-dairy alternatives to milk and/or if you tell us that you have any specific product or delivery requirements relating to your health then we may record this information so that we are able to assist you with your current and any future orders.
We may also ask you for your personal information regarding your experiences with our products in order to provide you with further correspondence about our goods and services. This is optional, you do not have to provide us with this information.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or another device to our Site, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit to our Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); time of day and products you viewed, searched for or place in your basket; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, devices used to access our Site and any phone number used to call our customer support services number.
- information about the products you have purchased including any promotions used, the frequency of your orders and spend patterns.
- Information about your use of our App, including what device you access it from and how frequently you access it.
3. Information we receive from and share with other sources. We work closely with the following third parties:
If you would like further information about how these third parties treat your personal information, please contact them and ask to see a copy of their respective privacy policies.
- our partner Stripe Payments UK Ltd, trading as Stripe, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08480771 whose registered address is 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN who provides the payment software for the processing of all orders through our Site and who may process your personal information for counter fraud and anti-money laundering purposes as well as payment processing. For further details of what information Barclaycard processes and how, please see their Terms and Conditions: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- our franchised milkmen who are contracted by us to deliver our products to you and who may process your personal information in order to process and deliver your order to you. When you create your account with us we will assign a milkman to you and will provide you with their details.
- our partner website developers who may process your personal information (name and address, contact details) for the purposes of developing, analysing, maintaining, supporting and testing our Site.
- our partner food delivery companies who may receive details of your purchases in order for them to process an order for a third party product offered by us (such as food hampers):
How do we use your information?
As a user of our Site or as an offline customer of The Modern Milkman we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Services that you request from us (please see our Terms & Conditions (link) or ask for a copy of our offline terms and conditions for more details) including processing payments and refunds for orders you have made with us;
- To carry out our obligations to you, such as delivering any Services or orders that you have purchased through our Site or as an offline customer;
- To check or confirm your identity if you contact us about an order you have placed via our Site or as an offline customer, in order to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering or other crime;
- To provide you with updates relating to your order placed via our Site, wherever this function or service is available;
- If you agree, to provide you with information about other goods and services or events that we think may be of interest to you;
- To manage your account and respond to your queries, including keeping a record of the orders you have placed with us and contacting you about any payments relating to your account and/or orders with us;
- To remind you about items in your basket that you haven’t yet proceeded to purchase on the Site;
- To use features of social media platforms, for example, if you ‘like’ a page or product or share a ‘tweet’ then we may link the information from the marketing features of those social media platforms to information we collect through our Site to help us form a better understanding of your interests and to keep you updated with our products, services, offers, promotions, and information;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or another ordering process (e.g. offline service literature);
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (computer, tablet, phone or another device). We may use information from cookies and similar technologies to help us with this;
- To create aggregated or statistical data to use for analytical or research purposes to understand and improve customer service, website experience, and your interest in products and services. We may share aggregated or statistical information with third parties for their similar purposes;
- We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Services and deliver the products that you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your Device), the location information will not be sent.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or where we think it appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our staff and contractors and partners, visitors to our Site, our registered consumers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and anti-money laundering.
We may also share your personal details with any person (and their and our legal and professional advisers for this purpose) with whom we are negotiating any sale, transfer or re-organisation of our business. If this proceeds, the acquiring party of the business or part of it, may use your personal information in the same ways as set out in this Policy.
Keeping you informed
We would like to send you information about our Services and the The Modern Milkman business based on interests you have shown when browsing our Site, purchasing products via our Site or as an offline customer, to identify other products, offers, promotions, information and services which we offer or details of relevant upcoming events which we think may be of interest to you.
This may include information about The Modern Milkman products and product information; (b) offers and promotions (e.g. vouchers or discounts); (c) The Modern Milkman news updates; (d) your thoughts and/or opinions about our products or services (for marketing research purposes); and/or (e) information and services which we offer and which we think may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us using your personal information in this way then we may contact you by email, social media, phone, SMS or post using the contact details you provide on registration (depending on whether you are an online or offline customer) or update us with or which we obtain or update through third party sources.
If you would prefer us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes you have the right to ask us not to do so at any time. Please contact us to let us know.
You can manage your preferences for the ways in which we contact you when you either: (a) migrate to our new website; (b) when you sign up on the Site for the first time; or (c) by selecting your preferred contact methods on the ‘Marketing Preferences’ page within you’re The Modern Milkman online account on the Site. If you are an offline customer, you can select your marketing preferences when you sign up as a customer, or you can contact us to amend your preferences.
We will also store your name, phone number (if you provide one), email address and postcode in if we don’t currently deliver in your area, and you would like to know when we do. We will contact you via your selected methods.
You will receive marketing communications from Us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of ourselves and listed affiliated companies for marketing purposes.
Subject to certain statutory exceptions, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by emailing or writing to us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) to request this.
How do we store your information?
All personal information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers or those of third parties or contractors we engage to help us run our business. We will keep information no longer than we need to for the purpose for which we collected it. The period of time for which we keep personal information depends on any legal retention period to which we are subject and according to business needs. If you have registered with us then we will keep your personal information for at least as long as you are registered with us.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and held by us, or third parties/contractors at a destination outside of the European Economic Area that does not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the UK. We will put in place appropriate measures for the secure and confidential treatment of such personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, for example when you register with us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We ask you not to put any details that are particularly private into free text fields.
Links to other websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates including social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them (including those linked to your location) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the processing of your personal information by those parties. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Changes to your personal details
Please help us to keep your personal details up to date by promptly notifying us of any changes, for example, if you change address or telephone number
If you need to change your personal details or preferences at any time please contact us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) or log into our Site and update your details in the section called ‘My Account’.
Changes to this Policy
We review the ways we use your information regularly and, in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy please address them to:
Email: [email protected]
Postal: 11 Nicholas Street, Burnley Lancashire, BB11 2AL